Mally has been a poorly boy lately. Nothing too serious but we have been at home A LOT and as well as getting on with as much work as I can from home, we have definitely been making the most of it by having lots of fun too. When Aunty Siany came round yesterday, we decided to have a proper "crafternoon" and make something we have been planning for a while!
We got the idea for this from this post from My Mix of 6. But we deviated along the way as you can see and tweaked it lots... Firstly, we didn't want to use a glass jar as Mally is still young and will end up throwing this around lots! We had lots of empty tubs and containers saved (in the "this might be useful one day" stash) and found a perfectly sized one in the form of a Hula Hoops party pack tub. This also had the benefit of having a tight fitting lid.
We also had metres and metres of red fake fur that we thought would be perfect for the monster's body... Whilst digging this out and wondering how to cut it, what glue to use etc, we found a duster mitt that was begging to be tried out as an alternative...
|And it fit perfectly!!!|
We had googly eyes but these were a little small so we stuck them onto buttons and sewed these onto the duster.
This project took less than 30 mins (mainly because we cheated!!), and more importantly, it made Mally forget he was sick (for a while!!)
UPDATE: Check out this great version made by Caroll at Attic Window Quilt Shop. The orange hair is a great addition!!