Hello all, it's guest post time! Today's post is by our good friend Deb...Sweet Wrapper Canvas? Well this time she's gone bigger and created this HUGE Paint Swatch wall art!
Here's what she did:
- Took a (rather large!) sample of Paint Swatches and painstakingly sorted them by colour shades
- Cut each swatch into strips of approx 6.5cm x 1cm
- Made squares of coordinating colours by weaving these strips 5 by 5 (Deb's finished squares therefore ended up being just over 6.5cm x 6.5cm. (This is a similar technique we used on our Paint Swatch Coasters!)
- Grouped the squares into colours and sorted them into a fading pattern (or any pattern of your choice)
- Stuck these onto a large ready to use canvas using spray adhesive. Deb liked the textured look of having the edges not completely stuck down - like a 'frayed' edge!
Hope we've inspired you to try your own, on a large or smaller scale!!
15th May 2013: Update - This post was featured here on Sugar Bee Crafts!
24th May 2013: Update - This post was featured here on Fidlers Under One Roof
Would you like to do a post for us yourself? Please contact us and we will make it happen!!