Now that all the lovely Spring flowers are (finally!) out in bloom, I felt the urge to press them to use in future projects. I had been using a VERY makeshift version of layers of tissue paper and cardboard underneath a heavy book. Although this does the job, it certainly isn't pretty so it was time to make a new one!
When I was younger, I remember having a wooden flower press so thought I would attempt to replicate that. For this I used some plywood offcuts, cut them to size (16cm x 16cm), drilled holes in each corner of the top and bottom pieces and sandpapered any rough edges. For the fastenings, I used 4" threaded bolts, wingnuts and washers - all from the local DIY store.