Happy Easter!! As part of a Recovery Arts event, we held an Easter Egg decorating session. Here's how it went:
For the Eggs -
- Cheap Chocolate Eggs (the ones from the 99p store worked a treat! - We used a selection of One Direction and Thomas ones but you would never know it!)
- Chocolate Buttons, Edible Glitter, Hundreds and Thousands, Writing Icing etc
- Candy Melts or similar for "glue"
For the Packaging -
- Inner Cardboard "holders" from the packaged Eggs
- Foam Stickers, Googly Eyes, Pom Poms etc
- Foil Wrapped Mini Eggs
- Shredded Tissue Paper
- Floral Cellophane Wrap
- Pipe Cleaners & Ribbon for tying
And that's all there was to it. Being limited in resources (both money and space!), we wanted to give the participants a couple of hours to do something fun and creative, whilst having the bonus points of giving them something to take away with them to give as gifts (something a lot of these people would not have been able to afford to do themselves). What do you think?