This box was originally a charity shop purchase... Although when I bought it I had no idea what I was going to do with it! The box then sat on the side for months, looking at me forlornly, until I finally got round to giving it a makeover!!Here's what it looked like originally,,,,
The sandpaper worked well to bring out the gold detailing and to also take the shine off the paint. I used the scraper and file to make deeper scratches and bring through the black colour. To finish off, I used a clear varnish to seal and protect.
I'm definitely going to try some more 'distressed paint' projects, so would love to hear your hints and tips please!