Around this time last year, I collected cones to make Festive Scented Pine Cones and baked them so that they stayed permanently 'open'. It worked really well as they are still open, so I did the same again this time. After the pine cones had cooled, I wrapped some garden wire around the top and then dunked *technical term* in white emulsion paint. I didn't submerse the whole pine cone, as I decided I liked the top looking 'natural'.
So that the paint could drip off, I improvised by hanging the cones from a rail with a tray to catch the drips. I left these for about 2 days to dry fully - although I'm sure they would dry quicker if not left in a cold, damp garage!
I then decided to get out my tester pots and painted the tips in blue and yellow. The colours came out nice and bright as they were on top of the white.
I also have to decide where they are going to be hung.... at the moment they are in my bathroom as the colours (unintentionally!) match my colour scheme!