Wednesday 5 December 2012

... and Easy Kiddie Christmas Cards



We (me and Mally) thought we'd get a start on making some cards. The ones that will be from him to his grandparents, uncles and aunties and his lovely childminder.

Mally loves to craft - and make a mess! I normally don't mind this (I'm a messy crafter too!) but when it comes to glitter he has an annoying habit of mixing all the colours together (I know he's only 3 but seriously... when will he stop doing this?!!). This is where Glitter Card comes in!





My friend Eleanor gave me a stash of this and its really lovely. Very sparkly but not at all messy. Doesn't even really rub off on your hands that much!


Materials:
  • Glitter Card
  • Coloured Paper
  • Snowflake Punch (or any Christmassy shape - we had a snowflake one already!)
  • Scissors
  • Glue Stick
  • Blank Cards
Punch shapes out of the glitter card. In theory this was easy, in reality the card was a lot tougher to punch than I had anticipated. Mally tried his hardest but in the end I had to do most of the glittery shapes. (I let him loose on the punch on some normal coloured paper so he didn't feel too bad!)






Stick the snowflakes onto blank cards...


... and use the reliefs as well as punched pieces!




Here's one I helped a bit more with J


Another idea we had was to get Mally to randomly cut into green glitter card (we were lucky enough to have two different shades). We used triangle pieces to make into Christmas trees. Simple but effective!





Hope this is useful for you! The whole process was so quick and simple but they look really good (if I do say so myself!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...